The Ugly Sweater Fun Run/Walk is a family friendly way to get active enjoying the Winter Wonderland light display at Fayette County Park.
This is not a race! You can go at your own pace and make as many running or walking laps around the light display as you like (5 laps equals a 5K distance). This is stroller friendly and ages 10 and under get in free. No pets allowed, except service animals.
This is a fundraiser for Active SWV and the Fayette County Park. The event is $10 per person (cash or check), but ages 10 and under are free. No reservations needed.
Wear your ugly sweaters and Deck your strollers (or sleighs)! Get in character and secret judges will be checking out all the outfits and strollers. Awards will be presented and the opportunity for photos.
Active SWV will be hosting a winter coat, hat, and glove drive for local families in need in partnership with Warm Hands, Warm Hearts in Oak Hill. A drop box will be provided at registration in the Dining Hall.
This is how the event will be set up:
– Arrive at the park gate between 4:30pm-4:50pm and wait in your cars to enter the park. The park attendant will collect the $10 per person as you pass by the gate and pass out gift packages. Ages 10 and Under are free. The gate will be closed from 5pm-6pm.
– Parking is available by the canteen and the pool area.
– Check in at the Dining Hall and be sure to let us know if you are participating in the Ugly Sweater contest (or if you’re regular attire could be confused as an ugly sweater). Watch for cars still coming into the park.
– The Fun Run/Walk is set to start at 5:00pm. The gate will be closed from 5pm-6pm for the safety of the runners and walkers.
– Have fun! Enjoy the lights and costumes. Flashlights and headlamps are encouraged. This is a great event for strollers!
– Return to the dining hall at 5:50 for the Ugly Sweater runway contest.
– Do not move your cars until close to 6pm. If you finish early, please wait until 6pm to move your car.
– When the gate opens at 6pm, the vehicles waiting to enter the light show will be let in first so there is room on the one lane road for cars to exit.