COVID-19 Update from New River Gorge CVB
The New River Gorge CVB and the surrounding areas are all focused on the health and well-being of those in our area. While we gradually reopen for business, we want to ensure that everyone has an amazing and safe experience in our region.
With that being said, a number of events have been postponed and/or canceled. We are updating our website calendars as quickly as possible, based on the information that is available, but we ask that you please visit the website or social media pages of each individual event or contact the event organizers directly for the most up-to-date information.
Additionally, restaurants and food service establishments are currently offering outdoor, carry-out, drive-thru, and delivery options. We encourage you to check with the establishment directly
We strongly encourage you to support these and other local businesses in our communities and across the state.
The visitor center will be open to the public on Friday, May 22 with restrictions.
WV’s reopening dates:
- Outdoor guided fishing and rock climbing – Effective May 15
- Indoor Dining at Restaurants – Effective May 21
- Large/Specialty Retail Stores – Effective May 21
- State park campgrounds for in-state residents only (Guidance for ALL
- campgrounds) – Effective May 21
- Hatfield McCoy Trail System- Effective May 21
- Outdoor recreation rentals (Kayaks, bicycles, boats, rafts, canoes,
- ATVs, and similar equipment) – Effective May 21
- Outdoor motorsport and powersport racing with no spectators – Effective
- May 21
- Tanning businesses – Effective May 21
- Whitewater rafting – Effective May 21
- Ziplining – Effective May 21
- State Park Cabins and Lodges (In-state residents only) – May 26
- Indoor and Outdoor Bars at 50% Capacity – May 26
- Zoos – May 26
- Spas/Massage Businesses – May 30
- Limited Video Lottery Retailers – May 30
- Casinos – June 5