Cabin Vacations in the New River Gorge: All the AmenitiesAugust 8, 2012
Planning a vacation in the New River Gorge? Trying to decide where to stay? Well in case you hadn’t heard, there are a lot of cabins here and they make for great temporary residences for your Gorge vacation.
We know you know how to pack for a vacation. But knowing what you need to bring for a cabin stay is sometimes a bit tricky. It’s always best to read the rental’s website very well and ask questions when you call to book your stay.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the things many cabins offer and you as a vacationer will probably want. You might even see some surprises on this list. Read on:
Check and see if your cabin rental offers these necessities so you will know how to pack.
- Bedding and Towels – Depending on your rental, you may have to bring your own.
- Paper products and trash bags
- Cooking and eating utensils – Most cabins will offer this, especially if there’s a kitchen in the cabin, but it never hurts to ask. Pots, pans, plates and silverware will all be of great use, unless you are really on vacation and have no plans of cooking at all.
- Odds and ends – We’re thinking things like dish soap, coffee, tea, sugar, creamer and the like.
Although a great many cabin rentals offer the items listed above, it’s good to make sure you’ve checked ahead of time.
Lots of cabins have some amenities that you may not be expecting. Trust us, these features will make your cabin stay even more enjoyable.
- Hot Tub – There’s nothing like unwinding from a day of play with a soak in a relaxing hot tub.
- Grill – Summer vacation for some folks includes meals fixed over open flame. .
- Fire pit or ring – Some of us can’t truly vacation without an outdoor fire.
- Washer/Dryer – This may not sound like a luxury, but for a stay of any length, a washer and dryer will come in very handy.
- Cable TV/DVD/WiFi– No matter what, some people like to stay connected to the world. You’ll find these features in many area cabins.
- Nature/Hiking Trails – Lots of cabins here have great outdoor recreation areas right out their front door.
- Fireplace/Air Conditioning – The season will dictate which of these you use most. It’s a nice feature many of cabins here.
What other amenities do you look for in a cabin vacation? Share with us in the comments.