- This event has passed.
World War II Weekend West Virginia
May 3, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - May 4, 2019 @ 7:00 pmFree
Downtown Fayetteville will host West Virginia’s World War II living history weekend May 3 and May 4.
This event is being hosted by the World War II Living History Foundation Inc. a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing history to life and committed to historical accuracy to educate future generations.
Watch history come to life with authentic recreations of Allied and Axis army encampments. Relive the stories of our veterans as we preserve history and honor the greatest generation. Veterans and living history enthusiasts from all over the state will be represented.We are honored to have West Virginia native Woody Williams in attendance; he is the sole surviving Marine from WWII to wear the Medal of Honor.
Friday, May 3
5-9 p.m. – Themed dinner at The Station
9 p.m.-12 a.m. – 1940’s party at The Southside Junction
Saturday May 4
Downtown Fayetteville – All Activities are FREE!
Rain Location: War Memorial Building
• Special guest, Woody Williams
• Parade with WWII vets and period vehicles
• Pearl Harbor Day in WV Performance
• The Everley Sisters sing The Andrews Sisters!
• WWII “Victory Roll” Fashion Show
• WWII WV Meet a Vet Tent
• WWII Reenactments
• Authentic WWII Displays & Demos
• Women’s Army Victory Garden with Baby Animals
• Biergarten, Food Booths….And More!