Saturday, June 16, 2018
This event is an opportunity to showcase the Summit Bechtel Reserve to the local community with a festival setting through open program activities, exhibitors, food vendors and live music.
Location: Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve – enter at the North “Glen Jean” Gate (go past the National Park Service Headquarters, located 104 Main Street, Glen Jean, the Summit entrance is just past the railroad tracks.)
Cost: There is no cost to attend. However, passes will be required for the following activities: Canopy Tours, Climbing/Rappelling, Zip Lines, Shooting Sports, BMX Bikes, Mountain Biking and Skateboarding.
- $15.00 Summit Action Pass: Adults and youth 11 years and older -NOTE: To participate in these activities, you must meet the manufacturers weight guidelines of 50 pounds minimum and 250 pounds maximum.
- $5.00 Junior Action Pass: Youth (ages 6-10 years old); includes for ages 6-8 skateboarding, BMX bikes, shooting sports and climbing; for ages 9-10 canopy tours, climbing/rappelling, zip lines, shooting sports, BMX bikes, mountain biking and skateboarding.
- NOTE: participants must be able to fit the equipment, including safety gear provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Special Guests Attend for Free: All Military Service members, Law Enforcement, First Responders, Educators and School Personnel and their immediate family members will receive a “Hero Pass” at no cost. This pass will provide access to all activities listed above.
- 12:00 p.m.: Gates Open for Participants
- 12:00 p.m.:All Activity Areas Open
- 1:00 p.m.:Live Music
- 2:30 p.m.:BMX Demonstration
- 3:00 p.m.:Live Music
- 3:30 p.m.: Archery Demonstration
- 4:30 p.m.: Skateboard Demonstration
- 5:00 p.m.:Program Areas Close
- 5:30 p.m.: Closing Show/Live Music
- Bands will be playing throughout the day.
- Evening entertainment/music by “Cross Town Traffic” from Elkins, WV.
- Demonstrations at the BMX Bike, Archery and Skateboard Areas.
- Kids Zone-Slide, Bounce House and More
- Sustainability Treehouse
- Nature Boardwalk
- Exhibitor Area
- No pets or alcohol are permitted.
- Bring a water bottle with you; water hydration stations are available throughout the Summit Center area.
- Food vendors will be onsite with food available for purchase.